Home to Good Company Ventures, B-Corp, the the Sustainable Business Network, the White Dog Cafe, the Wharton Program for Social Impact, the Philadelphia Social Innovation Journal and dozens of innovative social enterprises and entrepreneurial nonprofits, the Philadelphia Region is becoming a worldwide center for Social Entrepreneurship -- a Silicon Valley of Social Enterprise you might say.
The purpose of Socent Philly is to support social entrepreneurs and aspiring social entrepreneurs in the region.
Socent Philly does this through:
- Ongoing meetups for social entrepreneurs and aspiring social entrepreneurs to connect, share, learn and inspire one another. (Join the meetup group)
- An email support list for Social Entrepreneurs (join the list)
- A directory of helpful resources in the region for social entrepreneurs (view)
- A directory of social enterprises and entrepreneurial nonprofits in the region (coming soon)
- A speakers bureau of social entrepreneurs to help spread the word (coming soon)
- and hopefully much more